Monday, November 26, 2007

Sahara Coast

I stood stationary wondering, how in the world did I end up in such a situation. As the two gave up their mode of tranportation to the people who had allowed them temporary ownership, I prepared us all for the long, hard journey ahead. With a heavy bag in each hand, I wheeled myself slowly to the nearest bench and waited. Not a minute too soon, both appeared infront of me looking tired and withdrawn. Alas there was no time to rest. The dark clouds were gathering and the scent of rain had filled the air. We had to begin our journey or we'll be caught in the storm.

It took us an entire 15 minutes to put on our eqiupments. I initiated the begining of our journey by forcing myself onto my feet. With both hands held out, I told my travelling partners to grip my hands as so I can help them up. Both were unsure on how to proceed as both had not been on wheels for quite a long while. Every push they took were accompanied by frantic waving of their arms for balance and ear piercing screams which drove me nuts. Fortunately, after much encouragement and effortsssss, one, gain enough confidence to let go of my arm and forge forward on her own. The other continued to cling onto my left arm, paralysed by the thought of pain that would surge through her if she falls. Hand in hand...ok no wait, more of arm in arm, we inched slowly...VERY VERY slowly towards our final destination. After what seem many many minutes, I looked back and to my horror...I could still see our starting point in clear view! How could this be, I wondered. Judging by the ache on my left arm and the sweaty state that the two of us were in, we should have travelled MILES by then. With dampened hopes, I made myself to face forward again and nudged my companion to continue to forge ahead. During our journey, we came across many fellow travellers who were surprisingy travelling much faster than then two of us. I WONDER FREAKING WHY. The further we went the fewer people surrounded us. As the scenery gets more boring, I made more attempts to engage my travelling partner in a conversation as so our mind do not think about how tired and thirsty we were. Once in awhile, we would stop for awhile due to my desparate need to regain the feeling of my left arm as even when we were pretty much very far, my travelling partner was still clinging desprately to my arm. I did wonder what will happen if I just let go and zoomed off but I wasnt feeling that evi and hence I stayed and carried out the duty of getting her back to our final destination safe and sound.
OK TIRED AGAIN....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home