Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gentleman

FINALLY ... I met a man..not a boy...not a guy but a MAN...ok ok hold up people...I am NOT attached...keyword here MET. Went on a date recently with this guy I got to know abt a mth back. Didnt really think much about my meeting with him. I was on auto-pilot. My plan was be there on time, joke, laugh, talk and then go home. Coz thats what I have been doing for my past few dates. No guy seem to interest me enuf to make me wanna go for another date.
The date started off bad coz:
  1. Daddy took my car and hence I am transportless.
  2. My entire bag of make up was in the car, which as mentioned, taken by daddy
  3. My house keys were in my make up bag, which was in my car, which was taken by daddy. Before you think that this is simply a trivial matter ...think again! I cud not open the damn house gate to get out coz there was no spare keys insight! So I was frantically rumaging through drawers, cups, baskets, boxes in the house looking for anything that resembles the gate key and THANK GOD! I found one in my daddy's bag.
  4. I had no cash in my wallet, and I so need it since I was planning to take the cab. Hence to save time from having to walk all the way to the atm machine, I grab hold of the money envelopes have put aside for give aways during raya and took out all the cash!
  5. THERE WAS NO CABS...until like after 10 minutes of standing under the hot sun!
  6. THE DUDE WAS LATE!
  7. We had problem finidng each other. To a point tt the dude thought I was playing Hide-and-Seek...

Well obviously we finally did, if not there will be no entry on it. He surprised me. I thought he would be annoying but he was actually ...hmmm....on da scale of 1-10, in comparison to my past dates, he was an 8...noooooooo not looks....but him as a company. From our phone conversations, I had the impression that he would be the kind of guy that will go, "Anything lah", "Dun know..", "I'm fine with everything"...BUT HE DIDNT! He took charge all the way! Which was refreshing! But he didnt impose on it, he asked if I had any ideas on where to eat or where to go and when I seem to be clueless, he took the initiative to lead unlike SOME PEOPLE I KNOW. He basically earned brownie points through taking the initiative to:

  • Buy the food while I go find a seat
  • Carry the pool equipments
  • Followed me shop (though he REFUSED to enter one of the shops)
  • Offered to buy me ice cream
  • Decided on the following activity which was to chill at East Coast
  • Hold the cab door open for me...
  • Bought the drinks and made me sit down and wait
  • Didnt mind me interrupting his reading to show him what I am reading ( He actually looked interested!)
  • Took me for a walk along East Coast...
  • Made the effort to get to know me by asking me tons of questions! Unlike some who yaks yaks yaks about himself!
  • Made future plans to go out wit me...
  • Waited for me to get a cab even though his bus stop was on the other side of the road.

DAMN I LIKE THE DUDE! Not as much as I like Klivo....whom btw is out of my life....miss him miss him .... but no one has come close to outshining Klivo other than this 29 year old dude with the adorable smile! Alas ...is he interested in me...I dun think so lah, juz like Klivo is not interested in me... He digs really smart gerls and I for one, am bimbotic far too often! Sigh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home