Sunday, December 18, 2005

Clueless Tour Guides

Years of staying in Singapore and what do I know about it? Apparently not enough to be a freaking tour guide! Hahahahahhha! Over the weekend a friend of mine from Oman and friend, both studying in Malaysia, came over to this beautiful freaking small island of ours. Thats me and my friend below:
Khalid edited the picture, not me...nice right!
The whole thing was a whole big unplanned mess which turn out o be very memorable! Yippie!!!Why? Well first we had the problem of contacting each other in Singapore, Khalid (My Oman fren) can't get his handphone to werk and so he has to depend on the hotel phone or our every trusty public phones. Before we finally meet up he had to make 5 phone calls. On the second last phone call he told me that he was at outside the mrt station and that he was infront of Topshop in Wisma. So me and my friend, Massie (whom I dragged into this touring thingy) went to Topshop....and looked and looked and looked ...and went back to the MRT station coz we could not spot any Arab dudes there that resembles anything like my friend Khalid! Then at the MRT station we stared at my Hp hoping tt it would ring until Mas turned to me and asked me to repeat what the guy said and then it dawn on us...they we OUTSIDE the MRT station hence they weren't INSIDE Wisma but was OUTSIDE it ...at the area where they can SEE Topshop! (Storpidz!)
So when we finally met them...we went for coffee chatted for awhile, made plans for the following day and went off since it was already late. The plan was simple..."Meet us at the City Hall MRT control station at 12 and then we will show you around...DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT move from the control station until you see us!" Hee hee this is to prevent the 'I cant find you' nonsense! Hence we did juz that the following day only this time, Zarzarbie came along!
First we went for lunch...at Siam Kitchen...we had BUFFET!!! Hahahahahha! Another suggestion of mine and of coz my buddies stupidly agrees...I swear you know they never learn...then after lunch we went walking around Singapore!!! We went to Esplanade, we went to see the Merlion, we went to Lau Pa Sat, we walked by the Singapore river...where we met Zar's new boyfriend, Mr Blackie (Will talk abt this new found relationship in the following post), we went to the biggest street market in Bugis, we went to the National Library (I have no idea why but apparently, Salem was fascinated by the structure of the library plus he likes to read!), we went to Raffles Hospital (NOOOOO its not becoz we inflicted any injuries on the guys...we went to eat at the Banquet) then we wentsie homesie wile the dudes went to catch their bus back to Kuala Lumpur...
Overall, though tiring, we had fun...with exception to Massie coz she was the one bringing us ard (impressive you know!)...the rest of us...including me and Zar...we learnt aaaaaaaalllooootttt about Singapore! (Ok Ok fine...I admit nothing factual...we juz saw parts of Singapore that we havent seen before). Ooooo ooo and of coz we tooksie pictures!!!

This is us with erm the Masculine bird

This is us in the tini wini open air garden at the National Library...man I look fat

No need to tell me I know I look wierd...This is me erm...in the forest! Hahhaha!

This is me looking uber duber tired...I am ok...WE WALKED LIKE FOR MILES!!!


This is us at the library....resting ...resting...resting...hahahaha! EH..zar looks tall ah!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dark Queen said...

But yeah, I enjoyed the trip, learnt a thing or two myself...and yeah...Singapore...is freaking hot

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home